Wednesday, September 10, 2008

a room of Jean's own

In addition to my meal already posted, I had some fruit after I got to work.

Then I noticed this on the opinion page of the OU Daily, written by a senior [sic] at the University of Oklahoma. At first, I thought I had mistakenly clicked on a link for The Onion. Given the many opportunities for studying abroad through OU, I'm used to reading this sort of column in the school's newspaper. They usually describe the author's great awakening upon learning that university students at the University of Paris don't always share his love of chicken-fried steak and gravy, or his amazement that 15 year old boys in Germany are allowed to drink a beer on occasion. I'm looking forward to a follow up column by our correspondent in Scotland who, after spending a full three months there, will return with the thickest Scots dialect, reciting Burns, lamenting that what his fellow Sooners refer to as "football" bears no resemblance to the true sport as it's played across the Pond, but comforting us all with the realization that Aberdeen is really just like the south side of Ponca City, but with a funny accent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home